Medium & Heavy Duty Truck Warranty
AUTO-KOOL warrants its all Medium & Heavy Duty Truck Products to be free of defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of one (1) year beginning on the date of the first retail purchase thereof.
This warranty does not apply to products that have been:
Warranty on Compressors
- Subjected to misuse, abuse, negligence or operating conditions other than those for which such equipment was designed
- This warranty does not cover damage to
connection threads stripped by the installer. Credit will not be issued for damaged caused by improper installation;
- This warranty does not cover the physical or chemical effects of water, steams or other
liquids, gases or agents present in the system or operating environment of the equipment;
- Claims for engine damage caused by overheating will be denied. Warning lights or gauges are provided in all vehicles in order to warn
operators of overheating conditions long before engine damage occurs;
- All warranty claims must be made by the first retail purchaser, at the original place of
purchase, with a valid Proof of Purchase.
Your original retail receipt must accompany the return product;
- The replacement of the defective product shall be the sole and exclusive remedy to which AUTO-KOOL is obligated and to which the
original purchaser is entitled. AUTO-KOOL
neither assumes, nor authorizes any person to assume for it, any obligation or liability other than as herein expressly stated.
The warranty for compressors will be denied if the following conditions are not followed;
- R134a (Canada) R-12 and R-134a (US only) are the only approved refrigerants for all compressors (use of any other refrigerant will void the warranty);
- Use only A/C oil approved by O.E.M. (ex PAG 46 ...);
- The accumulator/filter drier must be replaced at the same time as the compressor;
- The compressor clutch air gap must be verified prior to installation on vehicle (refer to OEM specifications/manufacturer specifications);
- The proper type and amount of oil should be inserted through the suction port of the compressor or oil plug. With the use of a spanner wrench turn the compresor shaft (not the clutch pulley) 10 to 15 times, this will help to properly distribute the oil throughout the compressor and prevent hydraulic lockup;
- The A/C system must be held under vacuum for a minimum of 45 minutes;
- The fan clutch or radiator fan motor must be checked for proper operation;
- For applications using an orifice tube or liquid line containing an orifice tube, the orifice tube must be replaced (installation of an orifice tube repair kit can be used);
- If the system has an expansion device (expansion valve) the technician must inspect and clean the filter screen or replace the valve if necessary;
- A/C system must be flushed with approved solvent. The only accepted option to flushing is the installation of an in-line filter/or compressor suction screen (as long as the refrigerant oil is not contaminated);
- Condenser and radiator airflow must be checked for any obstruction or restrictions. Clean and realign bent fins.
The technician may need to replace the condenser in specific applications;
- The use of stop leak will void the warranty.